Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Monday 4 January 2016

Leadership Qualities

( Contributor : Rishikesh Joshi  )

---------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Shenoy,

Great to read one more memoir from you.  Its privilege to people of your generation to have had chance to shake hands with HHL on  1st January.

However what I found great is that HHL set it as tradition which continued . Like I remember NMD coming over on 1st and going through shop floors, SPD colleagues displaying their new innovations..  Later on one of those 1st January even Dhirubhai Ambani also came over to shop floor when he was Chairman.

Mr.DN  Ghosh (Govt Nominee) perhaps was a person who operated from Delhi Defence colony transit house and did not follow the tradition.  The tradition still continues, so even in 2024 we may see similar thing :)

What wasn't so great that 1st January was a working day due for offices located within factories. When moving to branches and regional offices, it was delight to know that 1st January is holiday and you don't have to turn-up weary eyed in office !!

Great leaders set great traditions which become part of culture...  On this January 2016, lets salute those leadership qualities that make a difference and try to pick some fragrance of it around us.

Wish you all a happy 2016

Rishikesh


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Corporate Culture  :

Leadership qualities  /  Setting  traditions  /  Mixing with employees  /  



No comments:

Post a Comment