Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Thursday 10 December 2015

Ace Salesman



Ace  Salesman

(  Contributor : hcp )

-------------------------------------------------------------------


When I imagine India's Ambassadors / Consuls / Trade Commissioners , as India's ACE SALESMEN , following incidence comes to my mind :


Some 35 years ago , when I was General Manager ( Powai Works  ) ,  I had an opportunity to host a lunch for the Commerce Minister of Canada


After lunch , the Minister pulled out 4 / 5 small , neatly labeled glass bottles from his brief case

Each bottle contained samples of crude oil from different oil fields of Canada

Minister went on to explain :


*      Chemical Composition / Specific Gravity /  Quality of each sample ( eg:  Sulfur content / Sweet / Sour  etc )


*      Daily Output of each field ( Barrels / day )


*      Spot Market prices / Long Term Contract rates


*      Delivery Commitments.... etc



Then , he went ahead to distribute to L&T executives present , brochures of private Canadian Companiesf, engaged in exploration / production of Crude Oil in Canada


And answered every single question with the knowledge of an ace SALESMAN of those companies !


There was no doubt , he firmly believed that his primary job while travelling abroad , was to " SELL  CANADA " !






No comments:

Post a Comment